AOL email is a pretty big name but that doesn’t mean that it is perfect. The IMAP is not responding and the issue has been causing inconvenience to IOS users.
Read this blog till the end to know about some of the simple methods that can help users to get rid of this issue with relative ease.
Here are some of the probable reasons why imap.aol.com is not responding on your iPhone.
Probable reasons behind AOL IMAP not responding on iPhone
- This loading issue of IMAP in AOL can occur due to an unstable and faulty internet connection.
- Sometimes, technical issues in the email server may become the reason why com is not responding. AOL may not be responding due to a massive increase in incoming and outgoing emails.
- You may have to face this issue if you are entering the correct login password.
- It is often seen that a bug or glitch can also lead to this issue. You can try to uninstall and then reinstall the application to check if that is of any help or not.
- Most users often face this issue as they have entered the incorrect server settings for IMAP which further leads to this issue.
- In case you have a security program installed on your device, it may interfere with other programs and may cause this error.
These are some of the probable reasons why AOL email is not working on iPhone.
Let us now take a look at some simple ways that can be used to fix this issue with relative ease.
Simple Methods to Fix AOL Email Issues for iPhone
1. By uninstalling and then reinstalling
This is deemed by many as the best solution whenever you come across errors like this. The mail account may dysfunction if the traffic for incoming and outgoing emails suddenly increases. You can autocorrect the settings by uninstalling and then reinstalling it yourself. Here are the steps for the same;
- Begin by opening the settings of your device.
- From there, you will need to scroll down a bit to find the “account and passwords” option to proceed further.
- In the next window, you will need to click on the email that is not responding from the list of emails that appear on your screen.
- Now, select the red button to delete the account that you want.
- For the next step, you will need to click on the back button to access the main menu. Wait for a few minutes while your phone synchronizes with the new settings.
- After you are done, open the settings again and click on the passwords and accounts option.
- Once you have done so, select the add account, and doing so will make a list of all the email providers such as Gmail, AOL, Ymail, etc. to select the AOL mail that is causing the problems.
- Finish by entering your username and password to access your account again.
2. By updating the account details
The best possible way to get rid of this issue is by checking the configuration settings of your account. If for some reason you have entered the wrong details. This is why you need to update your account settings correctly. You will also need to make sure that the server address is “imap.aol.com” and the port number should be 587. Finish by making sure that the encryption for connection is “SSL”.
3. Via double-checking the login details of AOL
Most of the time, users neglect the simplest of the details which further leads to this error. If the login details are incorrect, the sync issues will appear.
These are some of the best solutions that can help users to fix AOL mail issues with relative ease.
In case of any further doubts or queries, you may contact the help and support center of AOL or you can simply visit the website of Emailspedia.com to get answers to your queries.