This article mainly discusses potential solutions to the Discord, not an opening problem on Windows 10.
Discord is a text chat and free voice programme designed specifically for gamers. It is compatible with macOS, Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, and web browsers. It lets game participants communicate by text, video, and voice—many individuals like playing games with their friends and chatting on Discord. However, the Discord app does not always launch when you click it.
You can try restarting your Windows 10 computer and reopening the programme or entirely reinstalling the app to see whether it opens properly.
If not, there might be other suspects. We don’t know for sure what’s causing the Discord not opening Issue, but we know how to repair the Discord Update Failed on Windows 10. Check them out in the list below.
Method 1: Resolve Discord Not Opening Issues – Close Discord in Task Manager and Restart It
- On Windows 10, launch the task manager. To open it fast, click the shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Tap the Process tab, then search and select the Discord programme. Then, on the right-bottom, click the End Task option to terminate the background Discord process.
- Then, restart Discord to test whether it can open and function properly.
Alternatively, you may use Command Prompt to terminate the background Discord process.
- To launch the Windows 10 Command Prompt, press Windows + R, type cmd, then press Enter.
- Then, press Enter after typing taskkill /F /IM discord.exe. This should bring the Discord process to a close.
Method 2: Use SFC to Repair Corrupted System Files to Resolve Discord Won’t Open Issues
- Click Start, enter cmd or Command Prompt, and then choose Command Prompt to launch it.
- Enter the command line sfc /scannow and press Enter. This should fix any corrupted system files on your Windows machine.
Method 3: Clear AppData and LocalAppData to Resolve Discord Not Opening Issues
- Press Windows + R, type per cent appdata% in the Run box, and press Enter.
- Locate the Discord folder and right-click it, and choose Delete. AppData should be deleted as a result of this.
- Again, use Windows + R, type per cent localappdata%, and locate the Discord folder to remove it. This has the potential to erase LocalAppData.
- Restart Discord to check if it will open.
Tip: If this does not resolve the Discord won’t open Issue, you can remove Discord and delete AppData and LocalAppData by following the instructions above, then reinstall Discord. To enter Programs and Features, press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl, then press Enter to remove Discord. Locate Discord in the list and right-click it, and select Uninstall.
Method 4: Log in to Discord using the Web Version
To log in to Discord via browser, go to the official website (https://discordapp.com), click Login, and input your account details. After you’ve logged in, you may relaunch the Discord software on your Windows 10 computer to verify if it works regularly.
Method 5: Disable Proxies to Repair Discord Windows 10 will not launch.
- To launch the Control Panel on Windows 10, use Windows + R, type the control panel, and press Enter.
- Select Network and Internet -> Internet Options from the menu.
- Click the Connections tab, then the LAN settings button.
- Check Settings will be detected automatically. Uncheck To deactivate Proxies, use a proxy server for your LAN (these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).
Method 6: Reset DNS to Fix Discord Update Failed
- To launch Windows Command Prompt, hit Windows + R, type cmd, then press Enter.
- To reset DNS, enter ipconfig/flushdns in Command Prompt and press Enter.
Method 7: Change the Date/Time to Resolve Discord Stuck in the beginning
Press Windows + I and then select the Time and Language option. Check that Set time automatically is enabled.
Summary: Discord Update Failed
How can I fix Discord not opening on Windows 10? Discord is a fantastic chat software for gamers, but you may encounter the Discord won’t open error from time to time. To resolve this issue, follow the seven steps in the instructions above.