- 1 What is ctfmon.exe?
- 2 Conclusion-
- 3 FAQ’s
- 3.1 Q. What is CTF Loader, and why is it running on my computer?
- 3.2 Q. Is CTF Loader a virus or malware?
- 3.3 Q. How can I disable or remove CTF Loader if I don’t use handwriting or language input features?
- 3.4 Q. Why does CTF Loader sometimes cause high CPU or memory usage?
- 3.5 Q. Is it safe to end the CTF Loader process using Task Manager?
What is ctfmon.exe?
The first question in my mind is What Is CTF Loader? Ctfmon.exe is called a CTF downloader which is a standard component of Windows for which developers have assigned specific responsibilities.
This process exists since the days of Windows XP and it is responsible for the Alternative User Input and also to the office language bar.
In addition to this, the CTF loader is also useful for the operation of speech recognition systems, and also input from the pen or touch keyboard.
Well, the primary input method in the computer is the mouse and keyboard, touch, voice, and also some other input methods which belong to the class of alternatives.
This is for people to whom ctfmon.exe is responsible and also it is associated with office components but still, it gets displayed on computers without Microsoft office too because it is responsive to some other tasks. If you want detailed information then check out ErrorcodeGuru.
Statement by the official Windows description is as follows-
It gives pen and handwriting functionality for the touch keyboard and also for the handwriting input panel.
You should not touch the CTF loader if you are using one of the alternative methods. To save the power of process, memory, and disk, it does not burden the computer in any way, and also it does not consume enough resources to shut it down. Leave him alone, just to let him do his job.
How to disable CTF loader-
If you are not using an alternative method then you do not need a CTF loader in principle, but we cannot advise you to disable it. As we know already that, the ctfmon.exe does not cause any issues.
Well, still you want to do the process for some strange reasons then still your computer get to load very heavily. To get rid of the what is ctf loader then there is an option in the system which allows you to solve this issue. To disable these issues follow the following procedure-
The actions performed on your computer are done at your own peril and risk. The authors of any article are not responsible for any issue with your personal computer. The components and the operating system are responsible for careless behavior.
For your information-
The instructions should be given on behalf of the administrator. You need to enter the administrator password if your account doesn’t have the proper access rights.
If you want to try then you can try to make an alternate user Administrator in windows 10.
Some of the windows components get turn off by disabling the CTF loader which you should have to keep in mind. You cannot open the speech recognition system and also you are not able to open the onscreen keyboard.
You are not able to use touch-associated inputs like pen and other functions.
For example, if you click on the touch keyboard button in the area of notification then it will not respond. In everyday work, an alternative method does not need but sometimes it is useful too. So we would suggest that, think twice before disabling the ctfmon.exe. if it is not broken then you should not fix it because it is the universal rule which applies to all computers and their operating system.
Do not turn it off, if your pc is working fine and the CTF loader does not cause any issue.
- With any method, you would love to, open the task manager.
- Locate the CTF loader on the processes tab. The service starts working if he is listed here.
- Find Tablet input Service in the list by clicking on the services. With this service, the ctfmon.exe is associated.
- Select open service by clicking the right button of the mouse, then the windows service manager window get starts.
- Now in this list find out the Touch keyboard and the handwriting panel service. Then double click on it so that the service properties window get appears.
- Now click the stop button and then on the general menu select Disabled.
- Finally, click ok and close all the windows and restart your computer.
So, this is a very easy process to disable the ctfmon.exe in your PC and if you have seen this issue does not occur most probably. Hope this article is helpful to you to disable the CTF loader from your computer.